Painter/Blaster – December 14th 2017
Must be local to our depot in Birmingham and be willing to travel nationwide.
We are specialists in surface preparation and application of industrial coatings.
You will be required to work on various nationwide sites as part of experienced teams.
The Painter/Blaster is responsible for safely completing all aspects or work in the painting, surface preparation, finishing, and maintenance of projects in accordance with Diamond Industrial Painters Ltd safety guidelines, Quality Control program procedures, and local laws.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Perform all aspects of a coatings project safely and efficiently: Painting, blasting, sanding, priming, sealing, and patching surfaces, buildings, and fixtures. While performing the aforementioned tasks, the painter must always be cognisant of quality control procedures, project specifications (good understanding of customer needs), and all applicable safety guidelines. Operate, clean and maintain all painting equipment, including brush, roll, sprayers, mixing containers, mixing equipment, and pumps. Safely storing and labelling all materials when not in use. Maintain a safe work site, free of safety hazards by monitoring compliance with safety program requirements. Document and/or communicate safety concerns to appropriate parties. Communicate and listen effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and possibly customers.
DESCRIPTION OF NON ESSENTIAL DUTIES: May perform administrative duties such as yard and site inventory, safety meetings, payroll timesheets, change orders, time and material tickets, bill of materials, the reading of plans, and other site paper work as assigned both accurately and neatly. May also be required to operate company vehicles which may require an active/valid driver’s license. Specific drug & alcohol random site testing in use.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Lead Painters may supervise small crews based on size of project and scope of work. Carries out supervisory duties in accordance with company policies and applicable employment laws. Responsibilities include training employees, assigning and directing work, addressing complaints, and resolving problems. Filling in site paperwork. Health and Safety compliance.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. These may be varied based on specific requirements of a project)
- Have an understanding of the application of high performance coatings in a variety of industries.
- Requires experience with all aspects of painting, surface preparation, finishing, and maintenance of a wide variety of industrial structures
- Requires good oral communication skills
- Requires the ability to present a clean and professional image
- Must be available at non-traditional hours to complete projects according to contract or job requirement
- Requires the ability to do basic maths
- Knowledge of our Safety and Health Procedural Manual.
- Painting/Coatings experience in the commercial or industrial markets is desirable.
- Education generally equivalent to a NVQ is desirable.
- Current drivers licence is desirable.
- Perform preventative maintenance & inspections and report problems with trucks along with keeping a log of preventative maintenance & inspections
- Basic understanding of coatings scope documents.
- Knowledge of industrial coating applied by airless systems is required, although training will be given to the right applicants.
- ICATS accreditation preferable but not essential as training would be provided.
Working with all different types of equipment from dry and wet blasting, pressure washing (low and ultra-high), conventional and airless spraying and air and electric mechanical tools.
ESTIMATOR/ CONTRACTS MANAGER – 14th December 2017
estimator/ surveyor/ contracts manager to join our team to be responsible for pricing, securing and managing painting contracts from start to finish.
This exciting opportunity offers the chance to be involved in all aspects of managing painting and decorating contracts from initial enquiry through to completion. Key responsibilities would be:
• Surveying properties/structures for painting work
• Assessing painting projects, estimating the cost, labour resources, materials and time for completion
• Putting together well-presented, competitive tender packages for work
• Developing relationships with new and existing customers, making sure that all customers receive an excellent service
• Producing risk assessments and method statements for contracts, ensuring health and safety procedures are adhered to throughout projects
• Managing the contract from start to finish, ensuring that productivity targets and agreed quality and safety standards are met
• Managing project costs within budget to deliver planned financial result on completion
• Managing site-based operatives
This role would suit an experienced painting contracts manager. We ask that you possess the following skills and experience.
• Experience of pricing single painting projects of at least £20k in value
• Experience of winning painting contracts through competitive tendering
• Strong skills in financial analysis and commercial awareness
• Ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously
• Initiative and ability to solve problems
• Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships with customers and the branch team
• Experience of managing site-based operatives
• Experience of running painting contracts from start to finish
• Strong IT skills
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Full driving licence
The exact package will be dependent on skills and experience. The package will involve a basic salary, performance-related bonus and company car.
Apply by CV and covering letter to email@example.com using the email title “Contracts Manager/Estimator”. Please demonstrate clearly in the covering letter how you meet the specific qualifications and skills required. Please note that if you do not include a detailed covering letter, you will not be shortlisted.
DIAMOND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Painter & Decorator Site foreman – 14th December 2017
We currently have vacancies for skilled supervisor Painters and Decorators.
• NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Painting and Decorating
• Current CSCS Card
• Relevant trade experience since completing NVQ
• Commitment to providing the highest standards of workmanship and health and safety
• Able to give excellent service to all our customers
• PASMA Certification
• IPAF Certification
• Experience of working on commercial painting contracts (schools, hospitals, hotels etc.)
SSSTS AND FIRST AID.
Please note we will require two credible referees that can verify your workmanship.
We pay in line with the Working Rule Agreement + travel time + potential to earn bonus.
Please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Please make sure that your CV provides a detailed work history